If you own a digital TV, then obviously it must be using a digital TV tuner. This digital TV tuner enables it to pick up digital TV signals, which are shown on your local TV stations. To be more convinced that your device is using a digital TV tuner because it is usually in-built, check for these labels on your device or in the manual, Integrated Digital Tuner, Digital Tuner or Digital Receiver.
However, if you notice a digital TV tuner device registration application error on your Windows computer or laptop, usually this makes your system to start running at a very slow pace, just know that the issue you are facing is with the digital TV tuner device application. If you’re still in doubt, you can open Windows task manager or use a security cleaner, these can easily reveal the problem to you. Now that you are sure of what the problem is, the next thing will be to fix the problem, and that is exactly what you are about to read. But before we get into that, let’s take some time to explain more to you what digital TV tuner device registration application is.
- 1 What is Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application?
- 2 What Causes the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application Error?
- 3 How to Fix Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application
What is Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application?
Primarily, the digital TV tuner application is a part of Windows Media Center. This app enables your PC to pick up digital TV signals so you can be able to watch digital cable channels on our computer or PC. The app comes already installed on your computer. It creates a process known as ehprivjob.exe on your computer.
What Causes the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application Error?
The main process of the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration is ehPrivJob.exe. The Digital TV Tuner can also be referred to as this ehPrivJob.exe process. So whenever the Windows Media Centre runs, all the commands of ehprivjob.exe are also carried out. In as much as this program (ehprivjob.exe) is not CPU intensive, it can still affect the performance of your system, especially when a lot of other programs are running simultaneously. Hence, it is always adviced that one must turn off all programs that lunch themselves automatically.
How to Fix Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application
There are different ways to fix this application error. And we will take time to clearly explain the different ways below. Should in case anyone method fails you, feel free to try another method, as they are all independent with different procedures.
Method 1 – Turn Off Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application through the Windows features Turn Off.
This might be the first method you might want to try. To turn off the windows features, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to the control panel of your computer.
2. Open the control panel and click on the programs option
3. When the programs option open, click on the ‘Turn Windows features on or off’ you can find this exactly below the programs and features option.
4. Find the windows media center option and uncheck it
5. Click Ok
6. Finally, make sure you restart your computer so that the new settings can take effect
Method 2 – Use the Resource Manager and End the Process
This involves using the Resource Manager to End this Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application Process that is causing the problem, that is the ehprivjob.exe process. This means that the windows media center software has to be removed. Here are the steps to achieve this:
1. Open Windows Task Manager by either pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together or just click on the taskbar and select Open Task Manager option.
2. Click on the ‘Performance’ tab, and select ‘Resource Monitor’
3. Navigate to the ‘Process’ tab, under it you will find the ehprivjob.exe process, end it immediately. To end it, just select the process (ehprivjob.exe) and then click on ‘End Process’ option.
4. Click on OK button and then exit the Windows Task Manager.
5. Finally, make sure you restart your system immediately so that the changes made can take effect.
Method 3 – Disable Scheduled Tasks
There is a task stored in your computer, the name is ehdrminit, this task can be a major cause of the application error, hence disabling this scheduled task can help solve the problem. Follow these simple steps below to do this:
1. Click the Start button or press the Windows key and then select Task Scheduler option.
2. Once the Task Scheduler option window opens, Click on Library, and then open the Microsoft folder.
3. Search for the folder where the ehdrminit is located, right click on it and disable it.
4. Restart your computer system, but first, make sure you close all the folders
The above methods are enough to fix the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application error. But if for any reason none of the above worked for you, we will drop method number four below as a bonus.
Method 4 – Uninstall the TV Tuner
Absence of the TV Tuner in your computer system means no issue of Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application. Follow the steps below to completely uninstall the TV Tuner from your computer.
1. Open your computer control panel
2. Scroll to the Programs and Features option and click on it
3. Open the Installed Programs and select Digital TV Tuner
4. Now Uninstall the program and follow the process as directed
5. When you are through with the process, restart the computer system
This problem can fix the application error on your computer system.
The Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application can be so disturbing, especially when you have no idea how to fix it. Most times it happens when you are playing a game or watching a video, or maybe in the middle of something else. You don’t want to be caught in that web. The above fixes will certainly help.