Twitch is a well-known video streaming service, owned by Amazon. The initial intention of Twitch was to stream video gameplay, but they have gradually included other areas of entertainment such as television series, music, and even talk shows. If you must stream on Twitch, you must get your Twitch Stream Key.
If you are a lover of video games, then you might have one way or the other come across Twitch stream, but if for any reason you have not heard or come across Twitch streaming as a gamer, then with all pleasure, I introduce to you Twitch. Streaming your gameplay on Twitch is an amazing way to show off your skill as a gamer. Currently, it gets about 140 million unique viewers on a monthly basis, and each of these viewers doesn’t just come and go, they actually spend hours on it.
If you want to start streaming on Twitch, you will need to signup for a free account, then get your Twitch Stream Key. Let’s show you how to easily get this key.
How To Find The Key
For you to be able to stream on Twitch, you must have your Twitch Stream key. Below, we have a step by step guide on how to get your unique Twitch Stream Key.
Step 1: Log into your Twitch account
Step 2: On the top right part of your page, click on your username
Step 3: From the menu, select Dashboard
Step 4: Now that you are on the dashboard, click on settings on the left side of your dashboard.
Step 5: Click the ‘Stream Key’ link
Step 6: Click on ‘Show key’ button
Step 7: Click on ‘I Understand’
After step 7, you will see your Twitch Stream Key. Copy it on a file for safe keep.
Now you are ready to start streaming on Twitch. We are going to show you how to stream on Twitch using both PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
How to Stream on Twitch on PC
1. Download OBS Studio: After choosing your favorite game, the next thing you need is to download OBS Studio and install it. OBS means Open Broadcaster Software. It is a very important software used to broadcast your stream to Twitch. OBS is available for Windows and macOS. When you are done with it, move to the next stage.
2. Enter Your Stream Key: Navigate towards the lower right-hand side of the window and click on ‘Settings’ and at your left-hand pane, click on the Stream icon. Ensure that ‘Streaming services’ is selected on the right from the Stream Type menu, and from the Service menu, select Twitch. Locate the Stream Key field and paste your Twitch stream key in it and press OK. Check for other minor setting and fix them.
3. Configure the Game Capture mode: Navigate to the Source panel, this is located at down part of the program window. Click on the click the ‘+’ button and a menu will appear. From the menu ‘Game capture’. You will need to choose a good name for the game you are streaming. To do this select ‘Create new’ option, enter the name of your choice and click OK. Go to the Mode menu and choose ‘Capture specific window’ and then go to the Window menu and select the game currently running, and click ok.
4. Setup audio: When you take a good look at the OBS Studio program window, you will observe that there are several audio channels in the mixer setting, nevertheless, only one of the channels should be used to stream audio, and that is through the game audio. All you need is to enable the audio on your pc, and mute every other sound icon that pops up.
5. Start the Actual Streaming: Now that all the settings are complete, it’s time to start streaming.
Navigate to the right-hand side of the OBS Studio program window, and click on Start streaming. To stop streaming, just hit on the Stop Streaming button.
You can always go to the Video section of Settings to regulate the quality of your stream if need be.
6. Interact with the Viewers: People who want to watch you as you Stream on twitch can do so by going to your Twitch profile and you can monitor those that are visiting your profile.
You can also decide who you want to view your stream, either only your followers or everyone. You can do that on your setting, clicking on the gear icon.
How to Stream on Twitch on PS4
You don’t need any external hardware or software to stream to Twitch on PS4 because it already has a built-in Twitch streaming, and this makes things easier. Also, PS4 users can also stream using another service known as Ustream video service. PS4 users can connect the device to a Twitch or Ustream account by just pressing the Share button in-game and selecting Broadcast Gameplay. Follow the procedure below to stream on twitch on PS4
1. Start the game you want to stream
2. Click the Share button
3. Select Broadcast Gameplay.
4. Select the streaming service option (in this case it is Twitch)
5. Sign in
6. Activate your device by entering the code on your screen
7. Click Ok on your Play Station4
8. Once again select Twitch
9. Start Broadcasting
How to Stream on Twitch on Xbox One
Xbox One does not have the Share button like the PS4, but with the Kinect functionality for Twitch, it becomes much easier to Stream on Twitch on Xbox One. But if you don’t have a Kinect, all you need to do is to open the Twitch app, but first, you have to download the Twitch app from the Xbox Store app segment.
Now here is how to stream on Twitch on Xbox One proper:
Open the Store tab located on your dashboard
Download and launch the Twitch app for free. Once downloaded, the app can be found in the My games & apps screen.
Open the official website of Twitch, and login
Open the Twitch app and log in to get a six-digit code.
Open the activation webpage which is http://twitch.tv/activate, and key in the six-digit code.
Open the game you intend to play on Xbox One
Go back to the dashboard of your Xbox One and open the Twitch App again.
Double-click on the home button
From the menu at the bottom, select Twitch.
Now that the Twitch App is open, select Broadcast
Give your Twitch broadcast a name
You can navigate to the setting menu before going live, to do any other final settings you want.
Finally, go ahead and Select Start Broadcast, and you are good to go live.