The Spotify Application Is Not Responding – You’ve probably heard of Spotify if you’ve subscribed to the streaming service. It boasts over 70 million paying subscribers. The app allows you to listen to your favorite music online, as well as offline if you’re a premium user. You can also create, edit, and share playlists with Spotify, as well as access more than 30 million songs at your fingertips.
Spotify is still going strong after almost ten years. There’s nothing better than listening to your favorite tracks on Spotify. Spotify is the best place to find music, regardless of whether you’re using the free version or the Premium one. How will you cope when Spotify fails to open? The result is that you are unable to share your playlist with your friends or start the party with the newest tunes.
There’s no need to worry, we have all the answers. To combat the issue of your Spotify application not responding, we’ve put together a list of tips and tricks for you.
What to do When The Spotify Application Is Not Responding
The last thing we want is to sit down to play our new playlist or put together a few tracks for that wild party we have planned, only to find the Spotify application doesn’t respond. It is possible for this problem to be caused by a variety of factors. The Spotify app may have been updated, which frequently results in minor bugs and issues. You may need to upgrade your antivirus software or protect your computer with a firewall. Wouldn’t it be better to try our solutions before complaining to Spotify’s customer service?
1. Your computer should be restarted
Rebooting your computer might seem simple, but it shouldn’t be ruled out on the spot. Simple solutions aren’t always the best ones. If you restart your computer and click on that green Spotify icon, you should be able to listen to Spotify. Despite restarting Spotify, you may still have trouble loading the app. Here are a few extra steps you can try before it’s too late!
2. Firewalls should be checked
These days, almost anything can be accomplished with the press of a button on a desktop or smartphone. It comes with added dangers, however: viruses, malware, and many more. Firewalls and antivirus software are the answer to these dangers. Your system and personal details are kept safe while you browse and download with them.
It can sometimes be a bit too protective with our firewalls and antivirus software. As a result, they do not distinguish safe programs from those that may pose a danger. The reason your Spotify application isn’t responding in this instance maybe your firewall or anti-virus software. Fortunately, the problem is simple to fix.
You simply need to access the settings of your firewall or antivirus software. You can block or unblock certain programs regardless of which software you have. Spotify can be unblocked by adding it to your “allowed applications” list. After you’ve done that, try clicking on Spotify’s icon and seeing if it still does not load.
Congrats if it’s working! Continue with your Discover Weekly playlist. Don’t worry if it doesn’t work. You’ve still got many options for us!
Your computer has been restarted, and you have checked to see if the problem is with your firewall. We have another simple option that can solve your Spotify Windows problems before looking into deleting or reinstalling (which we’ll discuss next).
If your Spotify application doesn’t respond-or opens-it might be because it is already running in the background. It’s easy and quick to find out whether this is the case for you. Simply follow these steps:
By pressing “Ctrl + Alt + Del” and selecting Task Manager, a dialog box will appear. Just click on the Processes tab to find “Spotify.exe“.Select “End Process” if it’s there. Once it’s done, open Spotify. We are all done if the file opens successfully and you do not need to worry about the next step. If, however, the Spotify app does not respond, then you will have to keep trying.
Download and reinstall Spotify –
The most obvious solution to any program problem is to restart your computer. Reinstalling Spotify is also an option. Even though reinstalling a program might not sound like an easy solution, it’s the most reliable way to fix most issues. The next step for your platform or device is to follow the next steps…
For Mac Users
1. Select Quit Spotify from the Spotify menu bar
2. Hold down the Alt key if Library isn’t visible in Finder > Go > Library
3. Delete the “com.Spotify.Client” folder from Caches
4. Go back and open Application Support
5. The Spotify folder should be deleted
6. Install Spotify after you have downloaded it
1. Spotify should be closed
2. Go to your Control Panel
3. Select Programs and Features
4. Choose Spotify and click Uninstall
5. Be sure to follow any instructions given
6. Install Spotify again after downloading it
Windows 10 Users
1. From the Spotify menu bar, choose File, then click Exit.
2. Select Settings from the Start menu.
3. Select Apps & Features then Spotify.
4. Click Uninstall, then click again in the pop-up window
5. From the Windows App Store, download and install Spotify
1. Select Settings and then Apps from the home screen
2. Search for Spotify in your app list and select it.
3. You can manage your apps in Settings > Applications > Manage applications on an older Android device.
4. Clear the data by tapping Clear Data.
5. Tap on the Uninstall button
6. Remove the folder “com.spotify.music” from the folder Storage > Android > Data.
7. Install Spotify Music on Google Play by searching for it
1. Make sure your home screen is up
2. Click and hold the Spotify icon until it shakes
3. Then tap the X icon
4. Search for Spotify in the App Store
5. Then Install Spotify
1. Select Settings, then Apps from the home screen
2. Select Spotify from your list of apps.
3. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications if your Android device is an older model.
4. Clear your data by tapping Clear Data.Tap Storage > Clear Data if you’re using Android 6.0+.
5. Uninstall by tapping Uninstall
6. Remove the folder “com.spotify.music” from Storage > Android > Data for a clean installation.
7. Install Spotify Music from Google Play by searching for it.
That’s all the solutions we have for Spotify not responding.You should be listening to your favorite music as we speak if we’ve helped you solve those pesky Spotify issues.Take a moment to enjoy your daily mixes and discover new songs!