Avast free antivirus is top in the list of the best free antivirus software program you can get. It has all the features you can ever need in an antivirus software, and it has been in the market for a very long time. It is highly recommended for windows computer because it possesses all the things a windows computer require from an antivirus program to function at its best. Avast free antivirus cost nothing, yet it does an excellent security job. When you get an Avast free antivirus, it comes with a browser add-ons for Chrome and Firefox that keeps you away from pages that are dangerous. Avast lets you turn off every tool on your device ranging from Browser Cleanup to web shields. It also helps easily dictate bad software you downloaded that might be affecting your computer adversely.
What is Avast?
Avast is a free internet security antivirus software that provides constant virus protection to your device, created by Avast for iOS, macOS, Android, and Microsoft Windows. Avast Free Antivirus contains a fully functional antivirus, antispyware, and heuristics engines. The software has been in the market for a very long time and is well known. It is particularly developed for iOS, macOS, Android, and Microsoft Windows. By default, it comes with real-time protection of emails, P2P transfers, web surfing, files, instant messages, and even suspicious behavior. It has Wi-Fi Inspector feature that scans your network to find vulnerabilities, such vulnerabilities as routers that make use of default passwords and check if your network can be accessed from the internet. Avast comes in 45 languages.
Here are some of the services that Avast Free Antivirus provides for free, to help secure your device:
1. Browser Cleanup: this helps to remove browser junk files that degrade its performance.
2. Antivirus: to identify any virus or malware on your device
3. Smart Scan: this carries out a general scanning process to discover if there any vulnerabilities.
4. Behavior Shield: this takes care of dangerous software or application.
5. Wi-Fi Inspector: to secure local internet connection and define other connected devices.
6. Cyber Capture: to examine any dubious files.
7. Passwords: this acts as a password manager and checks if any of them is weak.
8. Game Mode: to mute all notifications and prevent interruptions while playing games.
Is it safe?
One of the major qualities of a good antivirus software is that it will prevent your computer from been infected by any malicious software and will keep you away from bad websites. If Avast can do all these and much more, then it should be considered safe enough. Nevertheless, the best antivirus solely depends on the user and the needs he tends to meet by acquiring a particular antivirus software. Over and over again, Avast has proven to be a very safe and good antivirus that anyone will like to use.
How To Disable, Turn Off Or Uninstall Avast
How To Disable, Turn Off
Once in a while, you might want to Disable/turn off your Avast antivirus, probably because you want to install another antivirus software or maybe it is blocking program or website you trust. Here is a quick and clear step-by-step guide on how you can achieve that:
1. Navigate to the Avast icon, which is usually orange in colour, located right at the bottom of the system tray.
2. Click “Avast Shields Control”. and you have the freedom to choose if you want it to be disabled permanently or temporarily.
3. Confirm the operation by clicking yes
You Can also choose to turn it off from the setting. Here is how to do that:
1. Double click on the Avast icon and you will be taken straight to the Avast Settings.
2. At the bottom of the new window, click on the Settings Button.
3. Scroll to the Components, and from the many options, you will see, disable Web Shield, system shield, and Mail Shield.
How To Uninstall Avast
Avast has a tool for uninstalling Avast, it is called Avastclear. This makes it simple to uninstall the software without any hassle. Most times trying to uninstall using the usual way of the Add/Remove Programs in your computer’s control panel can be very difficult. So here are the steps you will use to remove Avast antivirus using Avastclear.
Click here to download Avastclear
1. Download avastclear.exe and keep it on your desktop.
2. Start Windows in Safe Mode.
3. Go to the folder where you installed Avatar and click on remove
4. Restart your computer
Avast those not just offer a good product, their customer service is also top-notch, always right on time to give you a helping hand when needed. All you need is just to
1. Go over to the Avast Support webform
2. Select your inquiry type and click Next
3. Provide the required information based on the inquiry you selected.
4. Attach a file related to your inquiry (Optional)
5. Click on Submit Request
They usually respond within 2 business days, depending on the category of your issue, language and the workload on the support team.