The use of tablets among college students has grown in popularity as technology progresses. Tablets are flexible and portable tools that may be used for taking notes, reading textbooks, and organizing oneself. The best tablet for college students can be difficult to choose because there are so many options available. We’ll talk about the top 8 tablets for college students in 2023 in this blog post.
1. Apple iPad Pro(2023)
The best tablet for college students is the Apple iPad Pro because of its strong hardware, portable design, and long battery life. With its magnificent 12.9-inch Liquid Retina display and 2732×2048-pixel resolution, it is ideal for reading textbooks and taking notes. The A15 Bionic chip, one of the most potent processors currently on the market, powers the iPad Pro, which makes it perfect for running numerous apps at once.
2. S8 Galaxy Tab from Samsung
Another great alternative for college students is the Samsung Galaxy Tab S8, which features a gorgeous 11-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 2560×1600 pixels. The Snapdragon 8cx Gen 3 CPU, which offers blazing-fast speed and long battery life, powers the device. Additionally, the Tab S8 includes an S Pen, which simplifies taking notes and drawing.
3. Office Surface Pro 8
The Microsoft Surface Pro 8 is a multipurpose tablet that doubles as a laptop, making it the perfect choice for college students who require a device for productivity and note-taking. With a 13-inch PixelSense display and 11th-generation Intel Core CPUs, it offers excellent performance and long battery life. The display has a resolution of 2880×1920 pixels.
4. Yoga Duet 7i from Lenovo
College students who require a tablet for productivity and note-taking can consider the 2-in-1 Lenovo Yoga Duet 7i. It has a 13-inch FHD touchscreen display and is powered by Intel Core processors from the 11th generation. A detachable keyboard and an active pen are also included with the Yoga Duet 7i, making it simple to take notes and complete tasks.
5. Detachable ASUS Chromebook CM3
A cost-effective choice for college students who require a device for productivity and note-taking is the ASUS Chromebook Detachable CM3. It has a 10.5-inch touchscreen with a 1920×1200 pixel resolution and is run by the MediaTek 8183 CPU, which offers respectable performance and good battery life. A removable keyboard and a stylus are also included with the CM3.
6. Max HP Elite Dragonfly
For college students who seek a gadget that is both powerful and fashionable, the HP Elite Dragonfly Max is an excellent tablet. It has a 13.3-inch FHD touchscreen display and is powered by Intel Core processors of the 11th generation, which deliver excellent performance and long battery life. Additionally, the Dragonfly Max has a webcam and microphone built-in, making it perfect for video conferences and online classes.
7. Android Pixel Slate
College students who require a tablet for work and note-taking will find the Google Pixel Slate to be the ideal choice. It has a magnificent 12.3-inch Molecular Display with a resolution of 3000×2000 pixels and is powered by Intel Core processors from the 8th generation, which results in excellent performance and long battery life. It’s simple to take notes and complete assignments with the Pixel Slate’s active pen and detachable keyboard.
What to Look Out for in a good tablet for College
There are a number of things to take into account when looking for a tablet to use for college in 2023. What to look for in an excellent tablet for college is listed in detail below:
When choosing a tablet, the display is one of the most crucial things to take into account. Try to find a tablet with a display that is at least 10 inches wide and has a good resolution. As a result, reading textbooks, taking notes, and watching lectures will be simpler.
- Battery life
College students who must study for extended periods of time require a tablet with long battery life. A tablet with a battery life of at least 8 hours or more is what you should seek out.
- CPU and RAM
A tablet with a quick CPU and lots of RAM will make it easier for it to run several applications simultaneously. Choose a tablet that has a quad-core processor or higher and at least 4GB of RAM.
Search for a tablet that has at least 64GB of internal storage. You will have plenty of room to store your textbooks, notes, and other papers because of this.
Make sure the tablet you purchase has both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. You’ll be able to wirelessly transfer files and connect to the internet thanks to this.
- pen support
Look for a tablet that supports a pen if you intend to take handwritten notes or annotate textbooks. You will be able to write and draw just like you would on paper using this.
Choose a tablet that is made to last because college may be hard on devices. Think about a water-resistant tablet or one with a tough casing.
Tablets can cost anything from a few hundred dollars and over a thousand dollars. Look for a tablet that gives the features you require at a price you can afford while keeping in mind your budget.
- Operating system
Select a tablet that has an operating system that you are familiar with. The two most popular operating systems are Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android, but Windows tablets are also an option.
- Weight and portability
For college students who must carry a tablet from class to class, a lightweight and portable model is excellent. Choose a tablet that weighs less than 2 pounds and fits neatly into your bag or backpack.
You can pick a tablet in 2023 that will suit your demands as a college student by taking into account these elements.
Are tablets useful for college students?
College students might benefit from tablets in a variety of ways. The following are some benefits of utilizing tablets for college:
1. Portability: Tablets are portable and light, making them simple to carry around campus. They are ideal for students who are always moving around because they can fit easily into a backpack or a purse.
2. Note-taking: Note-taking is made simple for pupils by the fact that tablets are equipped with either a stylus or a touch screen. Students can organize their notes and access them later with note-taking programs like OneNote or Evernote.
3. E-books: Since many textbooks are now available in e-book form, students can carry all of their assigned reading around with them on their tablets. By doing this, they not only free up room in their backpacks but also spend less money on actual textbooks.
4. Productivity: Students may stay organized and productive with the help of a range of productivity apps that are available on tablets. Students may remain on top of their assignments and deadlines by using apps for word processing, email, and calendars.
5. Collaboration: Collaboration is made simple for students using tablets when working on group projects. Students may collaborate on papers and presentations in real-time, no matter where they are, using tools like Google Drive.
However, adopting tablets for college has certain drawbacks as well. For instance:
1. Limited functionality: Despite being adaptable technology, tablets still fall short of what a laptop can do. They might not offer a laptop’s level of processing power, storage capacity, or software compatibility.
2. Typing: While using a pen to take notes on a tablet is a nice idea, typing on a tablet keyboard might not be as quick as typing on a laptop keyboard.
3. Battery life: Students may need to bring a charger or power bank along since tablets may not have the same battery life as laptops.
4. Cost: Tablets can be pricey, and in order for students to get the most use out of their device, they might need to buy extras like a keyboard or stylus.
In conclusion, although tablets may not be the greatest choice for everyone, they can be useful for college students. Before selecting whether a tablet is an ideal device for you, it’s crucial to take into account your unique requirements and preferences.
Final thoughts On the Best Tablets For College Students
In the end, college students will choose the best tablet based on their own wants and preferences. Before making a choice, you should think about how you plan to use the tablet as well as its specs and features.