Minecraft is going viral and is gaining huge fans globally. Studies have shown that one of the things that people love about it is its ability to be played by multiple players. The way Minecraft is built, it has all the necessary features that make it a good multiplayer game.
You will need a Microsoft account to achieve this. If you already have a Microsoft account, then follow this process.
Log in to your Microsoft account, create a new world or re-load the one you are already using, and open your in-game menu. You’ll notice the option “Invite to Game.” Click on that option to pop up another window. On this new window, you will see “Find Cross-Platform Friends” click on it. Add your friends, and wait for them to accept the invite, once they do, they will immediately join you in the game.
- 1 How to Add Friends in Minecraft For PC?
- 2 How to Add Friends in Minecraft For Xbox?
- 3 How to Add Friends in Minecraft For PS4?
- 4 How to Add Friends in Minecraft For Mobile?
- 5 How to View and Accept a Friend Request in Minecraft PC?
- 6 How to Play Together With Friends in Minecraft?
- 7 How To Play Minecraft with Your Friends on PC?
- 8 How To Play Minecraft with Your Friends on Xbox?
- 9 How To Play Minecraft with Your Friends on PS4?
- 10 How To Play Minecraft with Your Friends on Mobile?
- 11 How to Play Multiplayer in Minecraft without Realms?
- 12 What is the best way to play Minecraft with friends?
How to Add Friends in Minecraft For PC?
1) Create a Microsoft account if you don’t have one. You can create a free account on their official page.
2) Now that you have your Microsoft account open, it’s time to start adding the friends you want to play with to that account.
3) Open the game and click on the option “Sign In with a Microsoft Account.”
4) This is the stage where you will have to link your game to your Microsoft account. Follow the next steps to do this.
5) Create a new world, and make sure you activate crossplay., and then load it.
6) After loading, the game will come up, do not play, pause it first and navigate to the settings menu on the screen.
7) Look at the left side of your screen, click on the “Invite to Game”, it is green in color.
8) That action will cause another window to pop up with the option to “Find Cross-platform Friends”. Click on that option.
9) Making use of Gamertag or your friend’s Minecraft ID, you can now search for your friends.
10) Once you see any friend you want to invite, click on “Add Friend” and click also on “Send 1 Invite”.
That is all you have to do, the rest is left for the friends you have invited to accept the invite. The need to accept the invite to be able to join you in the game.
Also bear in mind that most worlds in Minecraft don’t work with every platform. You cannot play it with your friends if they are not on the same platform as you.
How to Add Friends in Minecraft For Xbox?
For Xbox one users, they do not need to create a Microsoft account cos they already have one, so they have to skip that step. Aside from that, they will follow every other step as listed above for PC users.
How to Add Friends in Minecraft For PS4?
Follow this, it’s the same. Just follow the same steps used to add friends on PC. No step is subtracted.
How to Add Friends in Minecraft For Mobile?
To be able to play on mobile with your friends, you all need to be within a particular area and must be connected to the same network. Proximity matters for the pocket edition. If you have figured out the issue of proximity, then follow the steps below to add your friends.
1. On local server multiplayer, switch the settings ON
2. Start the game and then log into the platform with a Microsoft account.
3. Proceed to create your world, when it’s done loading, scroll to the menu section.
4. Find your friends using either their Minecraft ID or Gamertag and then add them.
How to View and Accept a Friend Request in Minecraft PC?
1. On the home menu, scroll to your left and click on the Friend list
2. Click on the message that says ‘You received a friend request’
3. The click will reveal a full list of all the friend requests you currently have.
4. Now it’s your choice to either accept or receive any of the friend requests on your list.
How to Play Together With Friends in Minecraft?
When it comes to playing the game together with friends in Minecraft, the method used on Java Edition is different from the one on the Bedrock Edition. We are going to give you a full illustration here.
How To Play Minecraft with Your Friends on PC?
If you are using a Java Edition, then you need to connect to your friend’s online server using the exact IP address they are using. If you choose to use your own server, then you will have to download the file. But it’s always advisable that you connect to your friend’s server.
How To Play Minecraft with Your Friends on Xbox?
As far as playing Minecraft online with Your Friends on Xbox is concerned, it can only be done on the Bedrock Edition, and there are only three dedicated servers to use, they are Mineplex, Lifeboat, and InPvP. However, you can add more servers that are not in the list of servers provided by choosing “Add Server”.
How To Play Minecraft with Your Friends on PS4?
This too runs on the Bedrock Edition, and the three official servers made available for those playing on Xbox, are also provided here, they are Mineplex, InPvP, and Lifeboat servers. Unlike in Minecraft Xbox, you won’t be able to add any external servers.
How To Play Minecraft with Your Friends on Mobile?
The same method that is used in PS4 and Xbox also applies here. Mineplex, InPvP, and Lifeboat servers are available.
How to Play Multiplayer in Minecraft without Realms?
There are two ways you can achieve this. It’s by either making use of Local LAN or servers. To achieve this using LAN, both players must share the same LAN Port.
To play using servers, you and your friends must use the same server address. Just scroll to the multiplayer tab and add the server address. That is all, you are good to go.
What is the best way to play Minecraft with friends?
There is actually no method of playing Minecraft with your friends that is better than the other. Each of them has its peculiar advantages over the other. However, it depends on the device you and your friends have or can easily access.