Blue microphones are a very popular brand in the microphone business. The Blue brand has different types of microphones for different types of users. The Blue Snowball is just another product from the brand that was specifically designed for streamers, YouTubers, and content creators.
However, the feedback received from users is mainly that of the Blue snowball not been able to connect with windows 10,8 and 7, and once that happens it means there is no communication between the microphone and the computer so therefore you will not be able to hear anything from the Blue snowball microphone.
What is Blue Snowball Drivers?
Just like in every other device, a driver is a software that ensures smooth communication between the operating system and the device. In this context that we are discussing the Blue snowball and Windows devices, the Blue snowball drivers enables the communication between the Blue snowball operating system and the Windows 10,8 or 7 devices. However, when the driver fails to perform its duty, it causes a breach in communication between the two and that’s when the user will be unable to hear any sound from the Blue Snowball microphone.
One major reason that we have discovered why the Blue snowball drivers fail, just like every other driver, is when they are outdated, which means you as the user need to ensure that the drivers are constantly updated.
Updating the snowball drivers is not rocket science, all you need is to download a new one, and there are different ways you can do this.
Tip: Before embarking on the methods we are about to list below, you have to first make sure that all the audio and USB drivers are up-to-date because an outdated audio or USB driver can cause the same issue. Having done that, then you can now proceed with any of the methods below.
What Causes the BLUE SNOWBALL Microphone To Malfunction?
There are a couple of reasons why the blue snowball will malfunction. Here are two major causes:
Bad Drivers: A driver can become bad when it is not updated. Just like every other driver, it needs constant updating, and failure to do so might corrupt the driver thereby causing it to malfunction.
Privacy Settings Reset: Whenever there is any windows update, the privacy settings automatically resets, and that could cause the BLUE SNOWBALL microphone to malfunction.
Solutions To Blue Snowball Failure on Windows 10,8 or 7
1) Replacing The Blue Snowball Drivers
Before considering any other method to the problem, we need to first take care of the old drivers by replacing them with new and updated ones. This is the core of the whole thing. When we have fixed every possible issue associated with the driver, then can we now consider any other solution. This is because most times when this problem occurs, the cause is usually from the Drivers. Follow the process below to reinstall the drivers:
1. On your computer, navigate to the search menu
2. Type Device Manager inside the search box
3. Locate Audio Inputs & Outputs on the list, and double-click on it.
4. On the drop-down, right-click on Microphone(Blue Snowball) and then uninstall.
5. Repeat the same process on the Sound, Video, and Games Controller.
7. To reinstall the drivers you just uninstalled, just pull out the microphone from your computer and plug it back in again. The system will automatically reinstall new and updated drivers.
Tip: You can update Blue Snowball Drivers Automatically by clicking here
2) Reset Privacy Settings
Each time a windows update happens, the Privacy Settings changes, and this change can affect some apps and in some cases the microphone itself. What happens, in this case, is that some of the apps affected will not be able to work properly with the microphone the way it ought to. The solution is to change privacy back to the way it ought to be. Here are the steps to do that:
1. Click on the Start Menu, then scroll up and click again on the settings
2. Click on Privacy
3. Scroll through the list on the left pane and click on Microphone
4. Click on Change on the left
5. Make sure the Microphone access for this device is turned On
6. Also scroll down to make sure all the apps you are currently using have access to your microphone
Check. That should solve the problem.