When it comes to the world of VPNs it is practically hard to find a service provider that beats NordVPN. NordVPN literally wraps its customers around a strong collection of features that secure your online activities and equally guarantees a huge amount of network of servers. Boasting a rare 5-star rating from all reviews across the web, it is arguably the best when it comes to VPNs.
There are potentially endless reasons why you would want to download and use NordVPN. Unsurprisingly, the company currently boasts at least five thousand one hundred servers across the globe, a feat that makes it the largest VPN service provider. The company takes a strong stance on matters of privacy and also includes a whole host of fantastic tools rarely available in the competition.
- 1 What is NordVPN?
- 2 How to download NordVPN?
- 3 How to Use NordVPN (Mac Users)
- 4 How To Use NordVPN (Android Users)
- 5 How To Use NordVPN (iPhone)
- 6 Does NordVPN offer a free trial?
- 7 Nordvpn Not Connecting? How to Fix it
- 8 How To Cancel NordVPN
- 9 Is NordVPN safe?
What is NordVPN?
Typically, NordVPN is typically a personal private virtual network service provider. The company has desktop applications for Linux, mobile apps for iOS and Android, macOS, Windows as well as applications for Android TV. It also provides manual services for NAS devices as well as wireless routers.
The company is located in Panama. This is because the country does not have mandatory data retention laws and also, does not take part in either the five or fourteen Eyes alliances.
NordVPN is arguably the ultimate VPN solution for private businesses and individuals of nearly all sizes. The software application makes it a priority to protect all its users against cyber-related theft. Simply put, it uses its military-grade encryption and strict no-logging policy to protect all its online users. This gives its clients the much-needed peace of mind, knowing that they are effectively protected and nobody is able to monitor their internet usage and behavior.
It is also imperative to mention that through NordVPN, firms can potentially conduct anonymous market research and test their products globally. Of course, the prospect of having uninterrupted access to the world of online data allows organizations and firms to gain accurate and beneficial market insights. As a dedicated VPN service provider, the company provides high levels of security to all kinds of devices. This gives you true peace of mind knowing that your activity won’t be logged regardless of the type of device you are using.
As a leading VPN service provider, NordVPN allows users to use public Wi-Fi, work and personal accounts on the go. What’s more, it can be used on all types of computer devices. And with a single account, you can potentially protect all types of devices, specifically up to six of them simultaneously. It is also critical to note that the software can be used nearly anywhere because it currently boasts approximately 5,000 servers in more than 62 countries! You can stream and download files without experiencing any form of lags. According to your individual plan, you’ll enjoy a number of enticing features including unlimited bandwidth, double encryption, no logs policy, kill switch and pay in crypto, among others.
How to download NordVPN?
Follow the steps below to successfully download this software:
• First and foremost, you’ll need to open the NordVPN download page. You can use the link: https://nordvpn.com/download.
• Next, select the download option. Navigate to the download folder in your device. The download tab will display a broad range of download options depending on the device you are using. It is imperative to note that the system does not identify your device therefore, it is important to know the version of Windows on your device. Proceed with the installation process as required.
• After this, the app will pop up and a new window will be displayed, asking you for a password and a username. It is always advisable to create a strong and highly secure user credential.
• Next, you’ll need to know how to set and use NordVPN on your device. After entering your credentials, select login now. The application’s main screen will appear and you’ll be able to see a list of servers as well as the map. At the top of your application, you can easily navigate through application settings as well as servers, search access feature. At the extreme end though, you’ll see a Quick Connect button. By selecting this feature, you’ll automatically be connected to the server deemed best for you.
• Depending on your needs, you can also connect to the server in a different country by clicking on the country setting on the map.
• You can also select the settings button to view many more options. Here, users can select their preferred DNS servers, add running settings and select their default protocol.
How to Use NordVPN (Mac Users)
You can connect as much as four devices on a single NordVPN server all at once via through OpenVPN UDP, L2TP, OpenVPN TCP, and PPTP. To connect on a Mac operating system, follow the steps below.
- First, Open the NordVPN app.
- Using your account details, login or click here
- Click on countries or click on the menu to view the servers available and then choose the server you want to connect to.
- Select the name of the country and NordVPN will automatically link you to the server.
How To Use NordVPN (Android Users)
- Open your browser and scroll to the Android configuration files.
- Download all files by selecting them one after the other
- Go to the Google Play App store and select the search button.
- Search for the OpenVPN Connect app and install the app into your device.
- Accept the terms and conditions and then open the app.
- Click on the menu button located on the top-right screen in the application page, you will see a drop-down menu
- Select Import profile from SD card and look for the downloaded configuration files (you can find them in the downloads folder).
- Import the configuration files by clicking on it.
- Accept the profile
- Add other server configurations into the application by repeating the process from step 9 to 13
- Select a server by clicking on the drop-down menu then select a server
- Input your NordVPN account details and connect.
How To Use NordVPN (iPhone)
- Go to the app store and type OpenVPN connect in the search bar.
- Click on Free button
- Click on Install
- Log into your iTunes store with your NordVPN account and tap OK.
- Download one or more of the OVPN configuration files via https://nordvpn.com/ovpn after the successful installation.
- Choose Open in OpenVPN.
- Select the green plus button.
- If you choose to add more servers to your app, then rerun the steps 7-9.
- Type in your NordVPN credentials and mark the password to be saved in the keychain.
- Select the button to connect to the VPN.
- You have now successfully connected.
Does NordVPN offer a free trial?
Yes, the company does offer a 7-day free trial for all types of plans. The free trial feature is tailored toward allowing prospective users to test the software for seven days and gauge whether or not the application is good for them. During this grace period, you’ll be able to surf the web in full privacy and security. You’ll only be needed to provide some information such as email, credit card or PayPal details. Simply enter these details as needed and get started with the NordVPN free trial.
After this, you can now select the best plan that suits your needs. The company has flexible and highly affordable plans everyone can afford.
Nordvpn Not Connecting? How to Fix it
Solution 1: Check-up Your NordVPN Account
First, you need to be sure you still have an active NordVPN account. As a user, you can be able to do this by going to the NordVPN website and clicking on My Account. Fill in your login details to access the account dashboard, there on the dashboard you will see the date your VPN subscription will expire. If it has expired and your account no longer active, contact the
Solution 2: Connecting to Alternative NordVPN Servers
Nordvpn has thousands of servers, so you might want to connect to an alternative server. The user has the freedom to choose any alternative VPN servers within a country on the NordVPN map.
Solution 3: Restarting the TAP Adapter
- If you notice any pop up with any form of any kind of TAP adapter error message, then you might be able to fix the NordVPN connection problem by simply restarting the tap adapter. This can be done by pressing the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut.
- In the Run, type ‘ncpa.cpl’ and click OK to open the Control Panel applet
- Right-click the TAP-NordVPN Windows Adapter and select Disable.
- Right-click again on the same NordVPN Windows Adapter and select Enable.
- Try and connect back with the NordVPN client software again.
Solution 4: Reinstall the NordVPN
Most times the issue might be as a result of a corrupted TAP adapter, and reinstalling the NordVPN also reinstalls the TAP adapter automatically. This action will as well give you an updated version. With the freeware Advanced Uninstaller PRO 12, users can easily uninstall NordVPN and reinstall the VPN client package. This is how it is done.
- On the Advanced Uninstaller PRO webpage, Click the Try for free button.
- Install Advanced Uninstaller Pro together with its setup wizard.
- Launch the Advanced Uninstaller PRO software, and click General Tools > Uninstall Programs.
- On the Uninstall Programs window, make sure you Select the NordVPN software.
- And then click the Uninstall button.
- Check or click the Use leftover scanner option on the dialog box window that opens.
- Uninstall NordVPN by pressing the yes button
- Next, you will notice a window will show up containing a list of leftover files and registry entries. Select all the files and registry items listed there and click Next to erase them.
- After uninstalling the VPN client restart windows.
Next, click Download on the NordVPN download page. Then users can reinstall the NordVPN client with the setup wizard.
How To Cancel NordVPN
- Open NordVPN and sign into with the details that you signed up with.
- Click on the ‘cancel automatic payments’ (you can find it at the bottom of the accounts page)
- Confirm that you wish to cancel the automatic payments.
- You will be given a few options for why you want to cancel your automatic payment. Choose one.
- You will be notified that the transaction is successful.
Is NordVPN safe?
As we previously mentioned, this software is arguably the best VPN for your online privacy. It also keeps all your data secure on the Web. It boasts highly advanced security features and tools that guarantee total protection against all sorts of security threats. You have every reason to start using this high-end application now!