Now that you have your new Roku device, it’s time to start watching. Unfortunately, you find out that you aren’t able to pair your Roku remote, or it might not work. Perhaps you are now wondering how to sync Roku remote without pairing button.
We will examine in detail a Roku remote pairing process without the reset button in the article below. During the process, we will also discuss how to resolve any challenges you might encounter.
Roku remotes can be paired to your TV in a number of ways, not just through the pairing button. By syncing your Roku remote to your smartphone or by connecting manually with the remote buttons directly on your TV, you can connect your remote to your Roku device.
Let’s take a closer look at what the pairing button does on a Roku remote before we get into more detail.
- 1 What Is the Roku Remote’s Pairing Button?
- 2 Is there a pairing button on all Roku remotes?
- 3 Easy Guide to pairing a Roku remote without the pairing button?
- 4 Troubleshooting Common Problems with a Roku Remote
- 5 When should you buy a new Roku remote?
- 6 Final thoughts
What Is the Roku Remote’s Pairing Button?
Roku remotes have a pairing button that allows you to connect your device to the remote. This allows you to control it remotely.
Most remotes have this button located boldly on the front. In some cases, it is also located beneath the battery compartment.
The pairing button must be pressed until you see the light on the top of the remote if you want to sync your devices.
You won’t find a pairing button on every Roku remote. Roku remotes come in two types, namely: The enhanced remote and
The infrared (IR).
With the enhanced (“point anywhere”) remote you can control your Smart Roku device over a wireless network. In order to function, it must be connected to a particular device. The battery compartment contains the pairing button.
Roku’s IR remote, by contrast, uses an infrared light beam to control the device. Multiple devices can be used as long as they have an IR sensor. There is no pairing button on the IR remote.
The remote you are using is an IR remote if there is no pairing button in the battery compartment. As long as your Roku player is able to recognize it, it can still be paired with it.
Pairing an IR Roku remote:
- Turn your Roku player on after connecting it to a TV
- Your Roku player should be connected to the correct input source on your TV
- Ensure that the remote control’s batteries are properly inserted
- Point the remote at the Roku device and press any button
- Let the syncing process complete for a few seconds
Your new remote is now ready for use. You must press the pairing button on the battery compartment if you are using an enhanced remote.
Tip: Some Roku devices will only work with the IR remote.TCL Roku remotes, for example, have an infrared sensor that makes pairing possible without a pairing button.
For devices without infrared detectors, such as Roku sticks, you will need an alternative remote control.
It is possible to use your smartphone as an enhanced Roku remote using the Roku mobile app.
Synchronize the remote with a smartphone
You can control your Roku TV via the Roku app for smartphones. You can also pair your Roku remote via the Roku app without pressing the pairing button.
A smartphone with WiFi is all you need.
As a guide, follow these steps:
1. On your smartphone, visit the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
2. You can download the Roku app for free.
3. To watch Roku videos on your smartphone, a WiFi network must be shared with your Roku device.
4. Now, open the Roku app.
5. Select Remote from there.
6. Roku TV can be controlled with your smartphone through the Remote option.
7. Locate the Settings option on your smartphone, and then select Remotes and Devices.
8. Lastly, select the Pair New Device option.
Remotes compatible with your Roku device will be automatically detected. You should not have any issues if your remote is working correctly.
You may need to try the following method if your Roku remote is still not syncing.
Troubleshooting Common Problems with a Roku Remote
In addition to affordable prices, Roku devices, including their remotes, are built to last. Nevertheless, they are not perfect and can malfunction occasionally.
Remote Isn’t Working or Syncing
Roku remotes are either disconnecting frequently or simply not connecting at all, which is the most common problem users experience.
If that is the case, you can take the following steps:
1. Restarting your Roku device is the first step.
2. Unplug the TV and turn it off.
3. You need to press the power button on the TV (not the remote) after the TV has been unplugged.
4. For approximately two minutes, press and hold the button down.
5. Switch on the TV and connect now.
6. The remote will have to be paired again. Follow the steps we described earlier or use the pairing button.
The Roku device and remote should now be able to connect. Nevertheless, if this doesn’t fix the problem, you can replace the batteries.
Here’s a tip: With some Roku devices, you can restart the TV without disconnecting it. In the System Menu under Settings, you can find the option Restart.
The Remote Is Overheating
Moreover, Roku remotes are prone to overheating, which can result in internal malfunctions.
You can solve the problem of overheating by following these steps:
1. If you feel that it is getting too hot, stop using it.
2. Remove the batteries.
3. Place the remote on an inflammable surface.
4. You will need to wait between 10 and 20 minutes.
5. Reinstall the batteries.
If your remote overheats constantly, you should consider purchasing a new one.
How long does a Roku TV remote last?
According to Roku, these batteries should last about two months, with a full charge taking about two to three hours.
When should you buy a new Roku remote?
You might want to buy a new Roku remote if yours no longer syncs with your TV or if it malfunctions frequently.
A wide variety of high-quality universal models are available for almost any type of TV.
Roku remotes start at just under 11 USD on Amazon and other online retailers. If you prefer to buy direct from Roku, you can do so as well.
Here’s a tip: Smartphones can be used as Roku remotes. It’s as simple as downloading the Roku app on your phone and connecting your Roku device! With this method, you will always have your “remote” with you and you won’t need to hunt for your remote again!
If you don’t want to use the pairing button, there are other ways to sync your Roku remote with your TV. Don’t worry if your remote doesn’t have a pairing button or if it doesn’t work.
You can sync a Roku remote without a pairing button by following these steps:
1. Using the Roku App, you can connect your Roku to your smartphone.
2. You can access the TV’s settings through your smartphone.
3. To pair a new device, go to Settings and select Remotes and Devices.
4. Your Roku remote should now be connected to the TV automatically.
The TV’s Home Screen also has a settings option that can be used to sync the remote. Select Pair Device from the drop-down menu. Your Roku remote will now automatically sync with the TV.