Are you encountering a Nintendo Switch Black Screen, yet you can still hear the sounds coming from the speakers? Do you have problems waking up your Nintendo Switch after putting it into sleep mode, or are you having trouble powering it on? The following article explains how to troubleshoot the black screen problem associated with the Nintendo Switch.
Following its launch in 2012, the Nintendo Wii U wasn’t received well. Consequently, the company reimagined its home offering and launched Nintendo Switch in 2017. A hybrid console, Nintendo Switch lets people play games on the move. The console can be used as a handheld device or a portable wireless console to play games on your TV.
It has been reported, however, that after turning on the Nintendo Switch or waking it from sleep, it goes black. The user may be able to hear the output of the console, but he or she cannot see any messages on the screen. We’ll investigate what’s causing the Nintendo Switch to not function and why the problem persists.
What is the cause of my Nintendo Switch screen not working?
1. Any of these reasons below could cause a black screen on your Nintendo Switch.
2. Upon turning on your console, you may see a black screen. This means you haven’t charged the battery enough for your console to work, as this indicator appears for only a second.
3. There is a problem with the charging dock or adapter for the console.
4. Hardware components on the Nintendo Switch are almost identical to those on a smartphone.
5. Switch will, however, show a black screen if its screen is damaged, but you can still hear the game’s sounds through the console’s speakers. Therefore, a full battery may cause your console’s screen to go black.
6. A failing hardware component has broken the gaming console, which needs to be repaired or replaced.
7. It appears the black screen on the Switch is a result of a temporary software bug.
What is the solution to a black screen on a Nintendo switch?
If your Nintendo Switch is having a black screen issue, try the steps below o resolve it.
Force-Rebooting the Nintendo Switch
Force-rebooting your Nintendo Switch is one way to fix the black screen issue. Follow these steps:
1. You should wait 15 minutes for the battery to charge after connecting the AC adapter to the console.
2. After pressing and holding the Power button for 10-15 seconds, release it.
3. Now turn on your Switch and check if the issue persists by pressing the Power button.
Check the power adapter for the Nintendo Switch
The original model of an AC adapter must be used if resetting it did not work for you. I’m talking about Model No. HAC-002. The cheapest way to get an AC adapter is by borrowing one from a friend or family member who plays the Nintendo Switch. Please let your console charge for at least 3 hours using the borrowed AC adapter.
Replacing your adapter with the original one from Nintendo’s online store will enable the Nintendo witch to turn back on and show the black screen again. Alternately, check the dock’s charging function and replace it if necessary.
The AC adapter should be reset
It is also possible to reset the Nintendo Switch to resolve the black screen issue. Remove both ends of the AC adapter in order to do this. Charge the Switch battery by connecting the adapter for 30 seconds and unplugging the Switch after that. Charge should resume and the console will be powered back up.
Resetting without erasing data will save your data
One of the basic options for troubleshooting the black screen on your console is a soft reset. Soft resetting will remove all data, videos, and screenshots that you’ve saved, but you won’t lose anything else.
Following these steps will let you access the console’s recovery mode.
1. It should also not be in sleep mode, so the Nintendo Switch should be completely shut off.
2. To shut down the Nintendo Switch, hold down the Power button for 12 seconds.
3. You will now see the recovery menu if you press and hold the Power button and both volume keys simultaneously.
4. You will have to enter your PIN when you choose the “Restore factory settings without deleting saved data” option (you may be prompted to do so if you have parental controls enabled).
5. At the end of the instructions, select “Next”.
6. As the console completes its processing, wait a moment.
7. Try starting the Switch in normal mode and see if this resolves the problem.
Get in touch with Nintendo for repairs
Nintendo will perform any necessary repairs on your console if you cannot remove the black screen after checking the charging accessories, powering off, and restarting the console.
Make sure your AC adapter and charging dock are checked as well by the Nintendo tech guys. They will be able to test these as well. Directly contact Nintendo on their website if you can’t visit their store.
What is the process for factory resetting a Nintendo Switch?
To get rid of the software glitch that is causing the black screen, you may need to perform a hard factory reset after soft resetting the Switch. You can complete the entire process in approximately five minutes by following the instructions below.
1. From the Nintendo Switch Home screen, tap the Settings option.
2. Select System from the following list.
3. Select the Formatting option again at the bottom.
4. Remove the user profile and other data by entering the PIN when prompted and selecting Initialize Console.
5. Last but not least, restart your console, create a new profile, and verify that the black screen error has been resolved.
We hope you were able to fix the black screen issue on Nintendo Switch with this guide. During troubleshooting, it is recommended to start by fixing battery-related problems, such as a malfunctioning charger or AC adapter. If the problem still persists, proceed to the next step.