It’s possible that you’ve heard about the LG TV WiFi turned off problem. This issue prevents the TV from connecting to the internet. In troubleshooting, the first step is to check the network status. A network status check is essential to fixing the issue.
What is the solution to LG TV WIFI turned off problem? You might also want to power cycle the TV, change the time settings, and set the DNS settings. If all else fails, you can factory reset the TV. Shut down QuickStart and Simplink. If that does not work, try straightening the wires leading to the WiFi module.
When you are experiencing the LG TV WIFI turned off issue, there can be several possible causes. In the following paragraphs, we will explain exactly how you can fix it fast.
LG TV WiFi Is Turned Off – How to Diagnose and Troubleshoot
Changing the time setting, changing the DNS settings, and turning on/off the TV will fix the LG TV WIFI turned off problem. In the event that nothing works after you straighten the cables to the wifi module, you can try factory resetting the TV.
Sometimes, your LG TV may not connect to the wireless router when you use it wirelessly. You must enable Wi-Fi on your TV’s menu system in order for it to work with wireless internet. You should check both wired and wireless connections in Settings > Network Settings > Network Status if your TV has an HDMI port.
LG TV WIFI connection problems are caused by a variety of factors. Here are some steps to resolve your LG TV WIFI connection problem:
Verify your WiFi settings
You may be able to resolve the problem by turning on your LG TV. If that doesn’t work, please check that you have the correct network name and password. Also, try turning off your router’s power switch for 30 seconds, then turning it back on.
Is your LG TV’s WiFi not working? You may not have turned on your WIFI. Check that your device is turned on and that you are connected to an active Wi-Fi network. You can do this by clicking on Settings and scrolling down to Network from the Home screen. Alternatively, if you don’t see Network listed, select it with the left arrow. From the menu, choose the WIFI Connection option. You should see a list of available WIFI networks. Then, enter your password. Click Connect.
Ensure that your router is working
1. LG TV WiFi Turned OFF? The router may be malfunctioning.
2. Ensure that the other devices you own have internet access;
3. Ensure the password for the Wi-Fi network is correct;
4. Check to make sure you’re not using another Wi-Fi frequency.
5. Check your router to see if you are blocking the TV’s Wi-Fi connection if you still can’t connect.
Your WiFi router needs to be restarted. Most of the time, this will fix the issue by refreshing the network address.
The Wifi module’s wires should be straightened
Simply remove the back of the TV, remove the WiFi module connector, and straighten out the wires with your fingers.
Here are the steps you need to take:
1. Turn your TV upside down and unscrew the back.
2. Attach the blue tape to the WiFi module and the ribbon cable.
3. Straighten the WiFi ribbon cable by removing the blue tape.
4. Straighten any other cables that appear bent on the WiFi module.
Turn off and on your LG TV
TVs with smart features enable you to enjoy your favorite shows, movies, and more right in your living room. Rebooting a Smart TV can fix software bugs like any other smart device. There is no reset button on most modern smart TVs. Learn how you can reset your smart TV without a reset button.
You will need to follow these simple steps to restart your new LG television:
1. Wait two minutes after unplugging the power cord from the wall outlet.
2. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet and then wait for two minutes.
3. Press the power button on the remote or on the LG television panel to turn on your TV. Alternatively, you can use the power button on the side panel of your TV.
Reset your time and date Settings
The LG TV may display the wrong time and date due to a generic bug, an auto-update issue, or a system time change. To set the correct time and date on your LG TV, follow the steps below.
1. Navigate to [Settings] > [General] > [Date & Time].
2. Select [Automatic] if your LG Smart TV is connected to the Internet.
3. Choose [Manual] if your LG Smart TV isn’t connected to the Internet and set the date and time accordingly.
4. Click the [OK] button.
Make sure your Smart TV’s time and date are set correctly. Check the settings menu of your TV and make sure the date is set to today or yesterday (this depends on what you selected when you initially set up your TV). You should also verify that the time zone, as well as the AM or PM, is correct.
Factory Reset LG Smart TV
Following these steps will allow you to factory reset your LG TV if the above methods did not work. When you factory reset your television, all the data on it is erased along with any corrupted or incorrect data files causing the problem. The latest software will also be installed to ensure that the device is optimized.
Factory resetting can solve many of these problems and is a simple option if other measures have failed to resolve the issue. You can factory reset your LG TV by following these steps:
1. On your remote control, press the Power button
2. On the home screen, tap the Settings icon
3. Choose General > “Factory Data Reset”
4. To complete the LG TV factory reset, select Yes and follow the on-screen instructions.
As soon as you have completed the LG TV factory reset, turn off the TV for a few minutes and then turn it back on again.